Living frugally can play an important role in creating and maintaining a sustainable livelihood. Our local economy is changing – everyone is tightening up their spending a little more every year. Living frugally doesn’t have to mean living with less – frugal living means looking for creative ways to get the things you need and find interesting things to do.
We will work together
… "on acquiring skills and seizing opportunities to produce more necessities
and luxuries of life on our own or in small groups. Unemployment (or a reduced
income) need not mean the loss of the good life, but a chance to redefine the
good life in a more genuine, joyful and sustainable way, more in terms of
producing power than purchasing power."
Through this section of the website, we are hoping to gather together resources and ideas to start the discussion. Everyone finds different techniques to live a little more frugally – this website is only the beginning of the discussion. Here are some of the topics that we are exploring:
- Managing your finances
- Dealing with debt and understanding credit
- Finding a career you love
- Feeding your family affordable, healthy food
- Reducing your transportation, clothing, and communications costs
- Making difficult decisions with confidence
- Putting your skills and talents to good work
- Budgeting without feeling deprived
Many of these topics are also explored in The Working Centre’s Community Tools Projects – come check them out and be involved in some creative ventures.