The Working Centre’s Housing Desk supports those experiencing barriers to finding adequate, safe, affordable housing in the Kitchener Waterloo community. We work together with landlords and tenants –linking individuals looking for a space to live with those who may have spaces to rent.
Please feel free to drop in or contact us if you have an interest in learning more about what the housing desk is and how we can work together around making housing more accessible, affordable, and available for individuals in our community.
Housing Desk offers support
- Connecting tenants with landlords who have available spaces to rent in the community
- Problem solving/accessing financial supports for individuals who are unable to pay their rent
- Mediating conflicts between landlords and tenants whom we support
- Accessing resources to help tenants live in their spaces well and with few challenges
- Understanding the variety of income sources individuals can receive in order to pay their rent
- Helping tenants apply for Region of Waterloo Community Subsidized Housing