We can support you in hiring a potential candidate, providing on-the-job-training or a work placement under the following programs which provide:
- Training incentives to provide a qualified candidate with on-the-job training
- Screening of job candidates
- On-the-job training support/job coaching
- Job trials or job shadowing
- Funding toward internships
More than 90% of employers surveyed rated the overall quality of service given by Employment Services as excellent.
Employment Ontario Employment Supports
- FAQ on Employment Supports Placements
- Ontario Government site for Employment Supports - Incentives for Employers.
- ES Employer Timesheet
- ES Employer Timesheet (sample)
Youth Skills Link
Funded through Service Canada, this program for at-risk youth helps to provide youth with relevant work experience. Youth hired through the project spend 12 weeks employed at The Working Centre in Maurita's Kitchen, the Queen Street Commons Cafe, or Worth a Second Look, then are employed with an external employer for 13 weeks. External employers offer on-the-job support and pay the Mandatory Employer Related Costs. The project pays the Salary for youth while on their external work placement.
Internships for University Graduates
Internships for University Graduates are funded through Service Canada's Career Focus program. The funding is intended to support graduates aged 30 and under to contribute their training and skills to employers in a variety of Waterloo Region's sectors. Employers receive significant incentives to hire skilled young workers for 6-month paid internships. However, this funding is time sensitive and only available until the end of the 2015. Click here to read more about the internship funding.