- Read as much as you can about upcoming trends in this industry or field of work. If you are looking for work in a profession or as an apprentice, it will require extensive research.
- Look for journals, association newsletters, magazine articles, and websites that relate to the kind of work you are looking for.
- Talk to an employment counsellor about in-depth job descriptions and requirements
- Participate in employer panels, job fairs, and other such events
- The Career Cruising website (which can be accessed through The Working Centre or other resource centres) has an “Other Resources list” in each occupation
- Consult the Job and Skills Requirements for your job goal using some of the links below.
As you find additional skills, add them to your list of skills on the Skills Required for the Job Worksheet.