Unfortunately, the Bike Share project at The Working Centre is no longer operating.
We appreciate your support for Community Access Bikeshare (CAB) in past years. We are so grateful for our past bikeshare members!!
This year Community Access Bikeshare will be bridging our program to a new smartlock bikeshare provider, Dropbike! https://www.dropbike.co/
Dropbike is a Canadian company (based out of Toronto). They will be launching the bikeshare in the Region of Waterloo this summer.
If you’d like to use the Dropbike service, and are active on social media, please:
- follow Dropbike on Twitter https://twitter.com/getdropbike
- or Instagram https://www.instagram.com/getdropbike/
- or follow them on Medium https://medium.com/dropbike
You can also download the Dropbike app and get notifications once the system is launched:
- Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.dropbike
- Apple App Store https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/dropbike/id1231998441
What if I don’t want to use a smartlock bike system?
We have found, through our operation of CAB over 5 years, that the best alternative for individuals who don't want to use smart-phone based smartlock technology is to purchase a refurbished bike from Recycle Cycles.
This community bike shop is a consistent support and access-to-transportation project of The Working Centre that works very well for hundreds of people each year.
For more information about Recycle Cycles, click here: https://www.theworkingcentre.org/recycle-cycles/153