- Are you working in creative ways to support people while buffering bureaucracy?
- Do you find yourself reflecting on what it takes to balance grassroots community building and top-down systems thinking?
- Do you feel the pressure of trying to respond authentically to community, while also meeting funding requirements?
- Do you find it challenging to reconcile the rigidity of systems-world thinking with the complexity of the life-world?
- offer sustainable, reliable resources that are agile and responsive to change?
- build structures without overdeveloping those structures?
- understand and foster local democracy in our community?
One part of serving community is providing tangible resources and focused supports. Another part, which is bound up in the first, is nurturing the spirit of local democracy: helping to foster a community where people support each other and find joy in connecting together. In our work, the way we respond to the people we serve is important to this community dynamic.
Are you interested in learning more about the practices that we have developed in emergent thinking, personalist practices and local democracy?
Whether you are an individual or part of an organization, we invite you to join us in reflection and conversation at our Summer Institute in Grassroots Sustainability.
The 2018 Summer Institute will take place at The Working Centre’s Fresh Ground, located at 256 King St. E. in downtown Kitchener.
More details to come: please email Heather Montgomery: email@example.com(link sends e-mail) with questions in the meantime.