Updated: August 14th, 2023
Worth a Second Look is currently closed as we move locations
Worth a Second Look is moving to a new location at 37 Market Lane over the next month!
We are excited to recreate Worth a Second Look at it's new location in Downtown Kitchener near the Farmers Market.
The move is part of a plan to repurpose the 97 Victoria St. N. property by creating 44 apartment units for those without housing and to rebuild St. John's Kitchen. Please visit Making Home to learn more.
To make this possible, Worth a Second Look is moving to the Market Lane building and Recycle Cycles is moving to 256 King E..
All this means we need to close down for about a month, while we relocate, and re-establish ourselves in our new location.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will be back and reorganized in exciting new ways to welcome you.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you again!
Worth a Second Look Furniture & Housewares
Worth a Second Look Furniture & Housewares is a retail outlet whose goal is to provide the community with low-cost used furniture and assorted houseware items while keeping reusable goods out of landfills and creating opportunities for employment.
Donations can be dropped off only during open hours.
Worth a Second Look provides the community with a number of services designed to help individuals establish for themselves a place they can call home by:
- offering a wide range of used furniture and houseware items at very low prices
- providing pick-up and delivery services to increase access to used furniture and housewares
- incorporating a fix-it facility to clean, test, repair, and refurbish usable goods
- assembling packages consisting of beds, blankets, tables etc. for families and individuals looking to establish a home, but having few resources
- creating opportunities for skill development and community involvement
-decreasing the amount of furniture and housewares that end up in landfills
- integrating with and utilizing Job Café labour