Are you a small employer looking to hire young people?
You may qualify for Employment Ontario’s Employing Young Talent Incentive Program
The Government of Ontario is making a 3-year, $124M investment in new incentives to help small employers hire and retain youth. The Employing Young Talent Incentive (EYTI) program is meant to enable small businesses to compete and grow while helping young people find meaningful work.
Benefits to Employers
- Support with pre-screening and identifying youth candidates (aged 15-29) who fit your hiring needs
- $1,000 incentive at the time of hire
- $1,000 retention incentive after six month’s employment
To qualify for EYTI, the employer must:
- Have fewer than 99 employees (including part-time, full-time and casual employees)
- Hire and retain a young person between the ages of 15-29 for a job of 20 hours/week or more
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario, provide the job in Ontario, and possess WSIB or alternative insurance
- Comply with workplace, human rights and labour legislation
How to hire a young person
Talk to our Employer Liaison Team to get started. We can connect you with youth who may be a great fit for your business or organization!
519.743.1151 x162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, visit the Employing Young Talent Incentive Q&As for Employers
“Ontario is filled with talented, skilled young people ready to start a career and contribute to their communities. These incentives will help employers recognize the potential of young workers, providing Ontario’s next generation with valuable learning and training opportunities as they enter the workforce they will help build for years to come.”
– Mitzie Hunter, Minister of Advanced Education and Skills Development