We are looking for donations of working Dual and Quad Core computers and related computer components such as SATA hard drives, DDR memory sticks, motherboards, power supplies and video cards.
Please bring as little packaging and boxes as possible and avoid bringing Styrofoam.
What Happens To Donated Hard Drives?
We will never boot from a hard drive before it has been wiped of data. Hard drives we are going to keep are overwritten several times in the process of testing. If we are not going to reuse a hard drive, it is physically destroyed in our facility before we send it to a responsible e-waste recycler.
We use a program called Darik’s Boot and Nuke to wipe your data from the hard drive. If you would like to erase your hard drive you can use one of the following programs:
Computer Component (Most Wanted):
- RAM: 2GB+ DDR3/DDR4
- 120GB+ SSDs (Solid State Drives)
- Laptops - (Core 2 Duo, Atom Dual Core or newer)
- Hard Drives: 500GB+ (SATA) (3.5" & 2.5")
USB Web cams (especially 720p+)
- Video cards: (1GB+)
- Working desktop laser printers (especially HP Laserjet 1320n)
Tools Wish List:
- Anti-static tools
- (10 ton) Small hydraulic or pneumatic press for crushing hard drives.
With many thanks to our donors, we appreciate the continuous contribution of all our donors and would like to express our gratitude and acknowledge the businesses who have donated computers to us in the past.
- Encore Print Solutions
- IGLOO Software
- Tacoma Engineers
- Desire 2 Learn
- Madorin, Snyder LLP
- Campana Systems, Inc.
- Nautalex Business Services, Inc.
- CIGI (The Centre for International Governance Innovation)
- Delta Elevator Co, Ltd.
- Region of Waterloo Library