For the first time in 33 years we cannot gather for the Mayors' Dinner because of the COVID-19 requirement to limit public assembly. We were once again expecting a full room of close to 1000 people. Click here to read a letter from the Mayors of Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge who are hosts for this event.
We ask you to join us as we recreate the Mayors Dinner as a one-time virtual event! We will update this page with a link that will be live in mid-April. Following this link, you will find:
- Welcome by Neil Aitchison, Master of Ceremonies
- Greetings from Bell as the main sponsor of the Mayors' Dinner
- Greetings from the Mayors
- Joe Mancini's Working Centre greetings and update
- Frances Westley's presentation on Climate Change and Sustainability; including videos reflecting examples of Climate Change responses
- We will include the Program Ads created for the souvenir program for the event
- An Online Auction - we have collected a lot of really beautiful items
The spread of the COVID-19 virus reminds us of the importance of community during times of crisis. At The Working Centre, here are some of the issues that we are responding to related to COVID-19:
- How will we support people who do not have a home; how does one self-isolate without a home; how can people have access to food and a places of gathering if St. John's Kitchen or other such places are not available? Each day last week St. John's Kitchen served over 300 people for a lunch time meal. St John's Clinic offers health-care access for over 700 people.
- At the Job Search Resource Centre we continue to support hundreds of job seekers each week. Presently we are in the middle of the Income Tax Clinic which will help 3,000 people over 8 weeks to complete their Income Tax Returns. People living on a limited income are reliant on their government benefits and are at risk of having these benefits being interrupted if they don't file their returns.
We will miss being together! We hope you can continue to support The Working Centre through The Mayors' Dinner. Your support is as important as ever. We also want to ensure that we reflect together on the timely issue of Climate Change as presented by Frances Westley.
We are offering you two choices: You can leave your Mayors' Dinner payment with us, and we will issue you a full tax receipt for your payment; or we can offer you a refund for your tickets. We are also happy if you suggest a third option as well!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please give us a call at 519-743-1151 x154 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you next year - the 2021 Mayors' Dinner is set for April 10, 2021.
From all of us at The Working Centre