Experiment. Learn. Develop.
May 19 - June 16
What is the Play Proposition?
A weekly series of very short video projects that will help to expand your creative mind, skill-set, and maybe even your portfolio.
A new project challenge will be released each Friday, and project participants will have until Thursday of the following week to submit a completed short based on the criteria of the challenge.
These projects are designed to be achievable in 1 hour or less each week. Participants can work on projects for as much time as they'd like to, but the idea here is that even busy people can take part. Participants can use whatever equipment they have at their disposal, which means the cost to take part can be nil.
At the end, participants will have created up to 5 new works which they will share with other participants in the program for feedback, technique-talk and appreciation. Depending on how many people take part and contribute, we may cap off the series with a screening event.
Participation is free, and open to all. Producer members may access some Ed Video equipment to complete their projects.
- One challenge per week
- Finished videos will be very short
- Videos may be shot on whatever technology you have available
- No meetings (maybe we’ll do one celebratory meetup at the end)
- No cost to participate
- A Vimeo account will be necessary for this. You can register for an account at no cost. Once you’ve signed up, please follow Ed Video from this link: https://vimeo.com/edvideo Videos will be shared online. You will be asked to sign up for a Vimeo account (free) to include your videos.
- Videos will be based on some kind of technical or thematic concept.
Back to the Community Events calendar