Literacy and Essential Skills is a system developed and used by HRSDC. Literacy and Essential Skills measure and describe the various skills used in all occupations in Canada. These skills are used in nearly every job and throughout daily life in different ways and at varying levels of complexity. More information on Literacy and Essential Skills can be found here.
HRSDC has gone into the field to measure and record the skills required for many jobs across Canada. They have then created profiles that can be helpful to understand the skills required to be successful on the job. We highly recommend looking at the profiles you are interested and assessing your skills to see whether you are ready for the job or whether there are areas you need to improve on.
The following are some of the Customer Service related Literacy and Essential Skills profiles available for you to use in your occupational research:
- Airline Sales and Service Agents (6433)
- Cashiers (6611)
- Customer Service Representatives - Financial Services (1433)
- Customer Service, Information and Related Clerks (1453)
- Pursers and Flight Attendants (6432)
- Retail Sales Associates (6421)
- Small Business Owner-Operators (0123, 0621, 0631, 0632, 0712)
- Telephone Operators (1424)
- Ticket Agents, Cargo Service Representatives and Related Clerks (Except Airline) (6434)
- Tour Operators (0621)