Are you aged 15-29 and looking to find your first job?
We invite you to participate in our 4-week Ready to Work project.
- Participate in 3 half-day workshops about resumé writing, interview skills, and building job skills as a young person.
- Join a tour of Working Centre Community Tools projects, including Maurita's Kitchen, Queen Street Commons Café, Worth a Second Look Furniture and Housewares, Hacienda Sarria Market Garden, Green Door Clothing, & Recycle Cycles.
- We will connect you with 3 weeks of volunteering (approximately 15 hours per week) to complete your high school volunteering criteria, and to build the skills on your resumé. You will receive a certificate to mark the completion of your volunteer hours.
- Once the 4 weeks of this program are over, we will meet one-on-one to develop a resumé that reflects your skills and experience.
- In the fall, we will help you to search for a part-time job that suits your skills and interests.
We are offering TWO sessions - one in JULY, and one in AUGUST. There will be ten participants per session.
Would you like to be considered for one of these spots?
Send us an email that tells us why you are interested, a little about yourself and your interests, and why you would be a good candidate. Let us know if you would like to join the July or August session.
Please send your application or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org